Friday, March 28, 2014

Glossybox March 2014 review

This past weekend I also received my March Glossybox! They tend to ship out towards the end of the month, however my box arrived on the 22nd this month, and I think that may be the earliest I have ever received it! I really love Glossybox, and although it is the priciest of the beauty boxes I receive ($21/month) their value is always amazing, and I get to try out a lot of higher end brands that I wouldn't normally buy.


This month's box once again blew me away. I don't know if it's just because I'm not very picky, but Glossybox consistently impresses me month after month. I have discovered so many products thanks to this box and it continues to be one of my favorites.

Now, onto this month's products! :)

Alterna Haircare BAMBOO Volume Plumping Strand Expand


The full size of this product (4oz) retails for $22, making this .85oz sample valued at $4.68. This product is a thickening lotion designed to strengthen, moisturize, and add volume to hair. Since my hair is very thin, I was so excited to see this product in my box. With just one use I have seen a huge difference in the volume of my hair. If it continues to work this well, I will definitely be purchasing the full size. I also love that this is safe on color-treated hair!

Etre Belle Cosmetics Liplift Peel


This is a full size product (0.5oz) and retails for $17.80. This product is designed to be used on the lips once a week as an exfoliater. It gently removes dead cells and refines the surface skin. I am amazed at how smooth this made my lips feel! It is gentle enough to remove all of the dead junk and still moisturizing enough to leave the lips extremely soft and smooth. A little bit goes a long way, and with only one use per week I can see this tube lasting a very long time.

Nails Inc Brook Street Nail Polish 


The full size of this product (0.33oz) retails for $9.50, making this 0.13oz sample valued at around $3.74. I have tried Nails Inc before thanks to Glossybox, and I love their formula. This bright pink shade will be perfect for summer!

Sisley Paris Black Rose Cream Mask


The full size of this product (2.1oz) retails for $158 (oh my god!) making this 0.38oz sample valued at around $28.59. Once I got over the initial shock of the price of this product, I tested it out. This is a skincare mask enriched with anti-aging active ingedients, designed to act instantly on the signs of aging and fatigue to rejuvenate skin and restore vitality. This mask is very refreshing and I do feel more awake after using it. The fragrance is pretty faint, which is also a nice thing.

Alex and Ani Scent 7 Soap Bar


This is another full size product (7oz), and retails for $14.00. Alex and Ani recently released a new line of skincare, and every subscriber this month would either receive the soap, a body lotion, or a fragrance mist. The smell of this soap is extremely overpowering; I could smell it before I even opened the box. I still cannot decide if I love the scent or hate it, but hopefully after a few uses I'll be able to decide. I love that Alex and Ani is branching out with more products, but I would never spend $14 on one bar of soap. I will not be repurchasing this.

Bonus Item! Alex and Ani Charm Bangle


This was a bonus item for this month's box, and everyone received one! A bonus item is an extra item that Glossybox throws in that does not count towards your 5 items. This bangle retails for $28.00. I constantly stalk the Alex and Ani website, and I have a wishlist filled with so many bracelets! I absolutely love the swan that I received (others received the swan in either gold or silver, or received a dragonfly in gold or silver). I can't wait to add this bracelet to my jewelry collection.

Overall I paid $21 for this box and received $96.81 worth of products! This is the best value box that I have ever received, I couldn't be happier with it! If you are interested in subscribing, leave your email in the comments below or PM me and I can send you a subscription link or give you more info. :) What do you think of this month's Glossybox?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyper Smash