Friday, March 28, 2014

Target Beauty Box review

I apologize for the delay in blogging, but I have been swamped! The delay, however, has given me a lot more time to test out all of the products before giving them a full review. :)

When I heard that they were offer another Target Beauty Box (the last one they sent out was summer of 2013) I immediately jumped at it. Target was offering 20,000 boxes to consumers and it is a way to test the waters and see if they will offer more subscription boxes in the future. I vote yes! This box was only $5 and included shipping. It took a little less than a month to arrive, and honestly when it showed up in my mail I had forgotten about it already!

The box itself:






Since this is the first of this type of box that I have received, I included a lot of un-boxing pictures. I love this cute little Target themed box! The box was put together really well, in my opinion. One of the first things I noticed was the $3 off of a $15 purchase coupon for Target. I shop there more often than I should, so this will definitely be put to use. Since this is a Target exclusive box, I am using Target prices to estimate values.

Now, onto the contents!

TONI&GUY Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray


This 2.5oz sample retails for $4.99 on the Target website. I have previously received this sample in a past Glossybox and I LOVE it, so when I saw that this was included in the box I knew I immediately had to buy it. This is a great spray for lazy days, when I don't feel like drying & straightening and putting a lot of effort into my hair. I just spritz it in and work it through my hair after a shower and it creates subtle beach-y waves. The smell of this is AMAZING, and I find myself constantly smelling my hair when I use this. A little bit goes a long way, and once I am finally finished with my first sample, I will dive right into this one.

L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara


This is a full size product and retails for $6.89 on the Target website. I am a mascara aficionado and I am always on the hunt for the best mascara. The color that they sent is "Black", which is fine with me since this is the shade that I normally get for all of my mascaras.  So far I am loving this product. The wand is odd at first, but you get the hang of it after a couple of uses. The formula is thick and a little bit goes a long way. Normally, I have to put on 2, 3, or sometimes even 4 coats to get the volume and length to where I want it, but this mascara gives me that look with less coats. It is a great drugstore mascara, in my opinion, and I will definitely consider buying this again!

Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo


The full size of this product (4.9oz) retails for $4.99, making this 1.7oz sample valued at around $1.73. Since my hair tends to get oily, I am constantly on the hunt for a good dry shampoo, however I don't think I'll ever find my "Holy Grail" product. This product was alright, and the scent is amazing, but it just didn't do much for me. It looked fine at first, but after a couple of hours it seemed to wear off. Maybe my hair just doesn't work well with dry shampoos, but I probably will not be buying this once I run out.

COVERGIRL Smoochies Sizzle Gloss


This is another full size product and retails for $4.99. The shade that I received was 510 Blind Date, however the shade varied by box. The formula of this gloss is very nice, it goes on smooth and is not sticky at all. The flavor is pretty good, and the shade is nice. I tend to stick to more neutral and "tame" colors, so this worked out good for me. It is good for adding a small splash of shine to your lips without being overpowering.

Jergens BB Body Cream in Light


The full size of this product (7.5oz) retails for $11.99, making this 2oz sample valued at around $3.20. I just received this item in this month's Birchbox, and I have been loving it so far, so another sample is definitely welcome. The scent is amazing and the formula goes on your skin very smoothly. I'll tuck this sample away until my other one runs out.

Overall, I paid only $5 for this box and received $21.80 worth of products! If Target would continue to send out boxes like this, I would definitely subscribe to their service! I am all about saving money, so being able to try out different drugstore brands is wonderful, and the samples are very generous! What do you think about Target testing out subscription boxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyper Smash