Thursday, March 13, 2014

March 2014 Birchbox Review

I was very pleasantly surprised to see that my Birchbox was at my house already this month! I received the shipping notification on 3/10 and it was here on the 12th. Birchbox has always been the first box I receive every month, they seem to be the best with shipping!

For those of you who don't know, Birchbox is a monthly makeup and beauty subscription service that sends out 4-6 mini, deluxe, and full size samples every month for only $10! This was the first subscription service that I joined, and I always recommend it to everyone that I can, as it is one of my favorites. You just can't beat their points system!

Now, onto this month's box!





Even though I usually find out what is in my box before it arrives, it's still always a surprise to open up since the size of the samples is always a mystery! I was very happy with my box this month and the size of the products.

My products this month!

Air Repair Rescue Balm


The full size of this product (0.9oz) retails for $12. There is no size listed anywhere on the tube or online, and since this is a tiny sample, I'm going to value it at around $2.00. The salve helps to repair dry, cracked skin and can be used on lips, hands, elbows, knees.. pretty much anywhere you have dry skin. I used this on my lips last night before I went to bed, and although the scent was a little off, the product did smooth my lips out a lot. I woke up this morning and my lips had no cracks and seemed very hydrated.

CLEAN Cotton T-Shirt Eau de Parfum



The full size of this perfume (2.14oz) retails for $69, making this 0.03oz sample valued at around $0.97. When I first opened the tube, I was a little put off by the scent, but once I dabbed it on my wrist and rubbed it in, I really enjoyed the smell of this perfume. It does have a very clean scent and I think will be perfect for spring. A lot of Birchbox-ers tend to dislike perfume samples, but I enjoy getting them and trying out new scents! A little goes a long way, so even these tiny samples last awhile.

COOLA Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face


The full size of this product (1.7oz) retails for $36, making this .17oz sample valued at around $3.60. This product is a BB Cream type product with SPF designed to be used on the face. This tinted moisturizer  evens skin tone and masks flaws while protecting from the sun. I haven't had a chance to try out this product yet, but I'm excited to. Normally, BB Creams never work out for me, but I have heard such positive things regarding this product that I have very high hopes for it.

Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator


The full size of this product (4.23oz) retails for $34, making this 20g sample valued at around $5.67. This product is supposed to be used on the face 3-5 times a week and is supposed to mimic the effects of microdermabrasion. I used this last night after my nightly face cleansing, and it did make my skin feel smoother. I haven't seen a noticeable difference yet, but I'm hoping after a few more uses my complexion will brighten up. This is also 99% natural and paraben free!

Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream




The full size of this product (7.5oz) retails for $11.99, making this 1oz sample valued at around $1.60. This is a new product, just like a BB Cream but for the body. It is tinted at first, but blends out well. They promise visible results in 5 days. It is designed to firm skin while hydrating and covering imperfections. I love the smell of this lotion, and I have heard of a few people using this product while they're pregnant to help hide stretch marks, and the reviews are amazing! I'm excited to put this product to full use. They also included a coupon for $2.00 off any Jergens BB Body Cream.

Overall, I paid $10 for this box and received only $13.84 worth of products. This is probably the lowest value box I've received since being a subscriber (since last June!) but even with the low value, I still received 50 points for reviewing (worth $5 in the Birchbox store) and I will use every item in the box, so I don't consider it to be a bad thing.

If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox, you can click here and use my referral link. If you sign up with my link, I receive 50 points and you get off of the waitlist and should start receiving your first box next month. You're welcome for the new addiction. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I also got the COOLA and Vasanti products. Hoping to start seeing results with Vasanti, as well! And super jealous that you got the Jergen's BB cream!
    xoxo Chloe | Wanderlust in the Midwest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the Vasanti works out well for us, I have such high hopes for it! I am loving the Jergen's so far, and I bought the Target Beauty Box as well and forgot that it was in there. :x I'll be stocked on samples for awhile lol

      Delete

Hyper Smash