Friday, March 14, 2014

March 2014 Ipsy Review

I was very excited to see that the mailman delivered that pretty pink bubble package today! For those of you that don't know, Ipsy is a monthly makeup and beauty subscription service that sends out deluxe and full size samples for only $10 per month. Ipsy is a very good service if you are looking to build up your makeup collection. They tend to send out a lot of the same brands, but the value is always amazing, and every month it all comes inside of a cute little makeup bag!

This month's theme is Destination Beauty, featuring products "themed" for travel and vacation. The bag this month was different than usual, in that the pattern was chosen from an artist's geography-based series of artwork, titled "Street Anatomy", and it is supposed to be representing San Francisco. I love the abstract look of the bag this month, and it will definitely be cycled into my makeup bag rotation! 

Now, onto this month's bag!






I need to start off by saying that the High Beam was NOT included in bags this month. I received this product because I cashed in my points - I just wanted to include this in my review to show that you can receive some awesome things when you save up enough points! They only feature usually about 3 products in the Ipsy store, and you must redeem 1000 points in order to receive the item. They always send out the item with your next bag. I have been eyeing the High Beam up for awhile, so once I saw that they started running low I immediately cashed in, and I am happy I did because they are now sold out of it! This is a full size product retailing at $26.00, and I received it for absolutely free! I used my points that I saved up from doing reviews and earning referrals. 

This month everyone received 4 products in their bags, which is somewhat rare - they usually send out 5 products. However, I wouldn't mind a 4 item bag if they were all valued this great & had more awesome products! :)

Now, onto the products this month!


bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready



The full size of this lipstick (.12oz) retails for $18, making this deluxe sample (.05oz) valued at $7.50. The size of this lipstick is so cute & perfect for travel. I love bareMinerals, and the formula on this lipstick is no joke. When I tried it on my lips, it goes on so nice and smooth and definitely stays put - I had a hard time wiping it off! While this shade is a little darker than what I'm used to, I really love the shade and I think I'll try it out on a nice date night out.

Nicole by OPI Roughles in On What Grounds?



This is a FULL SIZE product and retails for $7.99. This is a brand new polish that has just come out in stores this spring. It is a textured polish unlike anything I have ever tried before, but so far I am loving it. It is sort of rough, with small flecks in it. I love this aqua shade, and the consistency is very good. This is with only one coat, so two coats would make it stand out even better. This polish reminds me of a ceramics class I took in high school - the specks in the polish make me think of the glaze we would use on the items we made that would add bursts of color to them. I am really loving this polish so far, and I will probably go out and buy some of the other shades they offer.

Be a.. Bombshell Bora Bora Eyeshadow Quad



This is another FULL SIZE product and retails for $16.00! I am in love with every shade on this quad. I am so used to wear very neutral colors, so it will be nice to change it up and try out some different looks. The color goes on very smooth and appears to have pretty good staying power so far. The 4 colors included are (from L to R), Starlet, Bora Bora, Risky Business, and Rock Bottom. This is a perfect group of colors for summer and reminds me of a tropical vacation. :)

Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer




The full size of this product (1oz) retails for $22, making this 0.4oz sample valued at around $8.80. I am constantly searching for the best primer out there, so seeing a new primer in my bag was very welcome. So far I am loving this primer, the consistency is very thin and goes on so smoothly. It has a skin tone to it and blends beautifully to add a nice little glow. This will be a perfect primer for summer. I also love that Target sells this brand, so having easy access to a product is always a plus in my book.

Overall, I paid $10.00 for this bag and received $40.29 worth of products! That is 4x what I paid for the bag, and it only included FOUR items! I am extremely impressed with Ipsy this month, and I hope they continue adding new products and full size products.

If you are interested in signing up, you can click here to use my referral link. I will receive points for referring you, and you should be able to bypass the waitlist and be ready to receive your first bag next month! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyper Smash