Friday, April 18, 2014

Ipsy April 2014 Review

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever! I have been patiently waiting for my boxes to arrive this month, and once they did arrive I ended up battling a pretty rough stomach bug/dehydration, so I apologize for the delay on these posts.

For those of you who don't know, Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service for $10/month that sends out deluxe & full size products. I always recommend Ipsy for those who wish to build up their makeup collection, since they tend to send out A LOT of makeup products. They also use the same brands pretty often so it's easy to build up a nice collection. Their value always well exceeds the cost of the bag and I have been very impressed with Ipsy these last few months!

Typically, I receive my Birchbox first and then my Ipsy bag a few days later. I was shocked this month when I saw my Ipsy bag arrive well before my BB did!

Now, onto this month's bag!




The bag itself is a cute little vinyl bag, with a record on it to go with this month's theme, "Beauty Rocks!" It's a little cheesy, but the bag will still be put to good use.

Now, onto this month's amazing products!

Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Apple Pink



This is a FULL SIZE product and retails for $19.00! When I found out that I was receiving this item in my bag, I was hoping for this color over the other color that they sent out (Acid Pink). This balm leaves a very matte finish, but can be paired up with a basic gloss for a different finish. This is a great everyday color and I can't wait to add it to my collection!

Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet




The full size of this product (0.04oz) retails for $20, making this travel size (0.03oz) valued at $15.00. This was another product I was extremely excited to receive. Urban Decay is an amazing makeup brand, and for Ipsy to include it in their bag was a nice surprise. This eyeliner is a new product that UD has released in their Summer 2014 collection. This is a more matte, softer version of their popular 24/7 liners. It is intended to be blended out to create a smokey-eye, although it can also be used as a stand alone eyeliner as well. I'm not big on the smokey eye (I look like a raccoon every time I try!) I will be using this primarily as a regular eyeliner. The matte formula leaves a less-harsh line than other black liners, which I love.

Demeter Jasmine Perfume Oil Roll On


This is a full size roll on and it retails for $10.00. I have heard nothing but good things about Demeter, so this was another welcome product. The Jasmine scent is very floral, and although it's a scent I don't normally wear, I think it will be a great scent for the springtime and I'm excited to try it out.

dr. brandt microdermabrasion 


The full size of this product (2 oz) retails for $78, making this 0.25oz sample valued at around $9.75. I have been receiving a lot of exfoliating creams in my subscriptions lately, but I love the dr. brandt brand so I was excited to receive this product. This formula is designed to mimic the brightening and smoothing effects of an in-office microdermabrasion treatment at home. So far I have been loving this product- my skin feels smoother even after just one use.

Elizabeth Mott pop! goes the shadow in Champagne




This is another FULL SIZE product and retails for $12.99. This is a GORGEOUS shade, and I am a big neutral shaded eyeshadow junkie. The color goes on very sheer, but is buildable and is perfect for any occasion. 

Overall, I paid $10 for the bag and received $66.74 worth of products!! This is one of my highest valued Ipsy bags ever. I really feel like Ipsy has been stepping it up a lot this year and I have been very impressed so far with their bag values. This is a great bag for me as I will use everything that I received. If you are interested in signing up for Ipsy, you can click here or leave a comment below!

What did you think of April's Ipsy bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyper Smash