Thursday, February 6, 2014

January 2014 Glossybox review

I know I've been slacking already at updating this blog, but I wanted to fully give these products a chance before reviewing them. For those of you that don't know, Glossybox is a monthly makeup and beauty subscription service that sends out luxury deluxe and full size samples. It is a bit pricier at $21/month (free shipping!) but it is also one of my favorites, since they almost always send out at least 2 full size products in every box!

Opening my box!



 I think Glossybox has some of the prettiest packaging! I always save my pretty pink boxes and use them as gift boxes!


Every box always comes with an information card as well.


Now onto the products!

Beauty Blender Pure & blender cleanser sample


I have been dying to get my hands on a beauty blender but never got around to it, so when I heard that Glossybox was including a beauty blender in every box, (they release some spoilers at the beginning of every month!) I knew that this would be a good one. The blender retails for $19.95 and that's not even including the cost of the sample cleanser, so this one product pays for the box itself! I normally use foundation brushes to apply my foundation but I have tried this and I think it's a great alternate! The foundation goes on so smooth and leaves a nice finish. I'm definitely going to be purchasing another once this one is ready to be thrown away (they recommend switching them out every 2-3 months).

Toni & Guy Sea Salt Texturising Spray


The full size bottle (200mL) retails for $15.00, making this sample (75mL) value at $5.63. This is a great spray for giving your hair some body and volume. Most days I will blow dry and straighten my hair, but on days I am feeling lazy this is a great spray to have on hand. I hate the way my hair looks when it air dries, however after using this spray it actually makes it look half-decent, so this is a great product for me! I have heard so many great things about sea salt sprays, so I am happy to finally have one to try out. This spray also smells fantastic, and I will definitely buy another bottle once this one runs out.

Balance Me Super Toning Wash


The full size of this body wash (3.4 oz) retails for $14.00, making this sample (1.7 oz) value at $7.00. I haven't had a chance to try out the wash yet, so I can't testify to it's "toning" qualities. It smells very herbal, and I do like that it's made of 99% all natural products! Once I test this product out more I will do an update.

Bella Pierre Mineral Blush in Desert Rose




This is another FULL SIZE product! It is a .14 oz jar & retails for $20.00. This is my new go-to blush, I am in love! The color looks somewhat darker in the jar but blends out very nicely & is very sheer. I have very pale skin in the winter and this shade is perfect on me. It also looks like this will be a nice shade on darker skin as well, so once it warms up and I start to get a tan back for the summer I'll see if it still shows nicely.

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream


The full size of this product is 1.7 oz & retails for $31.00. This sample size is 0.5 oz and is valued at around $9.12. This is my new holy grail moisturizer. I am IN LOVE. I've used it daily since receiving it over a week ago and it makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. I fully recommend this product to everyone looking for a new moisturizer.

Overall, I paid $21.00 for this box and received $61.70 worth of products! That's almost 3x the cost of the box itself, and I love every item in the box this month. If you are interested in signing up for this service, put your e-mail in the comments below or PM me on facebook, twitter, etc and I can send you a link! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyper Smash