Thursday, February 13, 2014

Birchbox February 2014

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw my Birchbox sitting in the mail yesterday (tracking showed it due to arrive today 2/13). For those of you that aren't aware, Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends out mini, deluxe, & full size samples of makeup, hair products, and skincare. The cost is $10 per month with free shipping, and they have monthly & yearly plans available.

One of the main reasons I love Birchbox so much is because of their points system. Once your box arrives, you have the chance to review your products. Every review is worth 10 points, and once you reach 100 points, they give you $10 to spend in the Birchbox shop (they always sell full size products of all of the samples they offer). I love this, because typically every 2 months (you receive 4-6 products every month) you earn $10! Also, every referral earns you an additional 50 points. I have found many products through Birchbox that I love & have been able to purchase full sizes of through their shop without having to pay full price. I honestly believe that BB has the best points system out of all of the boxes offered.

Now, onto the box!





This month, Birchbox teamed up with US Weekly to offer special collaboration boxes. New subscribers this month were also offered a subscription to US Weekly.

The products!

Bain de Terre passion flower Color Preserving Shampoo & Conditioner



When I saw that this would be arriving in my box this month, it was probably the item I was most excited about. I color my hair quite a bit, so any type of color preserving products are extremely welcome. The full size of these bottles (13.5 oz) retail for $12 & $13.50. This sample size is 1.7 oz & is valued at $1.51 & $1.70. I absolutely LOVE the smell of these products & based on that alone I would consider buying the full size. I think I am going to wait until I color my hair again to use up the sample so I can test how well they preserve color, but I have a feeling these are 2 products I will be buying again (hopefully using BB points!) :)

Joan Vass L'eau de Amethyste



The full size of this perfume (100mL) retails for $75, making this 2.5mL sample valued at around $3.33. When I first opened the box, this was the first thing that I could smell. It has a very strong scent to it, so one spray is plenty. It seems to be a good smell for the springtime, so I think I may set it aside until then. Being a member of so many subscriptions, I tend to get quite a few perfume samples. I normally don't mind this, because I switch my scent up so often that even these small samples last me a long time.

Previse Hydromilk



The full size of this product (2 oz.) retails for $48.00, making my .17oz sample valued at $4.08. When I first saw this pop up in my box, I have to admit I had no idea what it was. I thought it was lotion, but after reading some info on it I found out that it's a face moisturizer. I've tried a small dab of it on my face and it really does add a lot of moisture to my skin. It's not greasy, and my skin feels "clean" and not oily. I just wish this sample size was bigger so I can test it out for a few more days!

Ruby Wing Color Changing Nail Polish (Ride 'Em Cowgirl)



The full size of this nailpolish (15 mL) retails for $10.00, making my sample (7 mL) valued at about $4.67. I haven't had a chance to try this polish out yet, but based on message and trade boards, this is a very sought after product. The way it works, is that it goes on one color, and in the sun it will change into another color. I'm not sure how it would work with this glitter polish, but it appears that it goes on clear with gold glitter, and in the sun the clear polish will change into a copper-ish color. Once I try this out (when we actually have some sunny days!) I will update this blog to let you know how it works!

Overall, I paid $10 for this box and received $15.29 worth of products. While this hasn't been my best valued or my favorite box, it was full of products that I will get use out of, so I can't complain.

If you are interested in signing up for a Birchbox, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyper Smash