Sunday, February 16, 2014

Ipsy February 2014 review

When I saw through tracking that my Ipsy bag arrived, I could not wait to get home and tear into it. Every month on the 10th, Ipsy updates your profile to show you exactly what you are getting in your bag. When I saw what I was receiving this month, I knew that this would be my favorite month yet! (I've been a subscriber since November.) 

For those of you that don't know, Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that sends up deluxe and full size samples of mostly makeup products. The cost is $10 per month (free shipping!) and the value of the bag is always more than what you pay for it. I have found so many awesome new products through Ipsy, and I love that they usually send out a lot of full size products!

Now, onto the bag!





How cute is the bright pink bubble wrap?! I love seeing that pink in my mail every month. The bag this month was slightly smaller than usually but it's a little wider. The theme this month was "The Look of Love", sending out products for Valentine's Day. :) This bag may be my favorite one I've received yet, the pink leopard print inside is so cute!!

Now, onto the products! :)

POP Beauty Plump Pout Mini in Peony Petal



The full size of this lip gloss (8.5 g) retails for $16.00, making this 4 g mini valued at around $7.53. I love the sleek look of this gloss, it's a great tube to grab & go. When I first tried this gloss out on my lips, it seems a little darker than what I would normally wear, but it may be a great color for a night out. After applying it, I would call it more of a liquid lipstick over a lip gloss. 

Zoya Nail Polish in Dot


This nail polish is FULL SIZE! It retails for $9.00 and is 0.5 oz. This month, Ipsy was sending out this color and also a purple shade. Even though I am receiving a light pink shade in my Glossybox this month, I was hoping to receive the pink in this bag as well. It looks very sheer in the bottle, but a perfect color for spring. Once I put a coat on, I will update with a picture. I have heard a lot of good things about Zoya, and I am very excited to try this polish out.

City Color Be Matte Blush in Fresh Melon




This is another FULL SIZE product! I was very surprised to see that this blush only retails for $2.99! It is very pigmented and a little bit goes a long way. This color is great for my winter skin & blends out nicely. It's a watermelon-like color, so the color name fits nicely. I've been on a huge blush binge lately so seeing this in my bag was very exciting- I'm always down for trying out a new blush!

Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow + Base in One in Ambrosia



This item is also FULL SIZE!! It is 0.14 oz & retails for $18.00!! They were sending out 3 different shades this month, and I was hoping for this shade! The color is amazing, and it holds very well. I had a hard time trying to wash the swatch off of my hand, so this color will definitely stay put! Ipsy & Tini Beauty are offering 50% off any purchase + a free nail polish, so I may need to take advantage of this and order some more shades. :)

IPKN NY Moist & Firm BB Cream



The full size of this product (1.35 oz) retails for $35.00, making this 0.05oz sample valued at around $1.30. This was the item that I was the least excited for. I am not a very huge fan of BB Cream to begin with (I prefer a foundation with medium-full coverage) and to even call this a sample would be generous. When I first squeezed the tube, nothing came out. I had to squeeze and squeeze and finally enough came out to swatch it, but I have a feeling I used up half of the sample already. The shade that Ipsy sent out was "light", but this shade was still too dark for my light skin. It blended out & looked very orange on my skin. It may be better in the summer with a tan on my skin, but for now this sample will be put aside.

Overall, I paid $10.00 for the bag and received $38.82 worth of products! I will use pretty much everything in the bag, and the bag itself will definitely be used. This has been my favorite month of Ipsy so far!

If you are interested in subscribing to Ipsy, please click here and sign up! I always recommend Ipsy to anyone looking for new makeup products, 90% of what they send out is makeup related.

Thoughts on this months Ipsy bag? Comment below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hyper Smash